7/21/2008

Slow times...

Not that much going on right now. I'm getting more and more curious about what the Blackhawks might stir up with their fresh batch of players, combined with some of the routine they actually have.

Giving the C to Patrick Toews shows that they have a lot of faith in their young guns. It is beyond any doubt that the expectations of this team has been raised along with the firepower added to their team. There is still one big question to be answered:
Will the competing goalies get along? Khabibulin and Huet are two great goalies, both worthy the primary spot, thus starting the majority of the games. If there is a drama and these two gentlemen doesn't get along, the Blackhawks will have a problem. Khabibulin will be almost impossible to trade, given his huge salary. On the other hand, who signs a goalie just to trade him right away? I know, this is the NHL and it does happen but it sounds a bit far fetched.

I do think Toews will rise to the challenge with his C, and he will be the Blackhawks top scorer this year. Again, if I'm not mistaken. I'm very interested in what $7.1M man Brian Campbell will achive. We all know that he is a tremendous D man. Will he bring stability to the defence? I think so. In combination with Cristobal Huet, who I personally think should be the first goalie, this could be very interesting.

Given the fact that it is still off season, my postings might not be that many right now. But I'm going to be more active, the closer we get to the first puck dropping.

I have to admit something. I read most of my news at tsn.com or nhl.com, but this thing about was really my own initiative. Then I had a look at nhl.com and what do I see....a column about the Blackhawks. Ah, well.......

Inga kommentarer: